GPT Frequently Asked Questions and Tips
Friday, March 20, 2009
A short list of some of the common questions and confusions concerning earning from GPTs (specifically paid offer sites):
Question: Is this legit or illegal in any way?
Answer: Yes, this is COMPELTELY legit. I've been at this for over a year now and have had absolutely no legal problems nor have I come across anyone who has had legal issues. The only minor legality you have to be concerned about is paying taxes on the earnings, but it is no different than paying taxes on any other income.
Question: How can someone pay you for doing basically nothing?
Answer: The companies that provide the paid offers are constantly looking for new leads and new customers. Mostly, these offers are just big advertisements no different than what you would see on TV (except these ads cost a lot less). Providing incentives with the offers allows companies to hit a huge target group for their products.
The money flow is fairly simple: the companies pay [insert GPT site] to put up their ads in the form of offers; that GPT site then puts up the ad and throws on a small incentive to draw more attention; the money you earn comes from the company that paid for the advertisements, and the GPT, which can be thought of as the "middle man," keeps some of this money as a profit.
Question: How do I get paid?
Answer: Just about every paid offer site has the option of getting paid by check, in which, if you meet the minimum payout, the site simply prints you an average check with your earnings and you cash it the same as you would any check. Many paid offers sites also provide the option of getting paid through PayPal (basically a free online checking account where you can draw funds from your bank account or withdraw funds from your PayPal to your bank account...fairly easy to set up: www.paypal.com).
Most sites pay out on the 15th-20th of each month, some pay at the end of the month. Just depends.
Question: Do I have to provide real information about myself?
Answer: It is against the Terms of Agreements of most GPTs to provide fraudulent information on offers. I would highly suggest you don't do it. Not only are you less likely to have a high approval rating, but you also run a high risk of being caught and banned permanently from the site. It is OK to use many different email addresses as long as they all belong to you, but providing fake names, addresses, etc. will likely get you into trouble with the GPT site.
Question: Can I have more than one account on a specific GPT?
Answer: I've never come across a GPT that allowed multiple accounts, so I'm going with a big NO! Most sites specifically state one account per household (ie you can't sign up under one username and have a family member living in your home sign up under another username). Don't try it. There is no avoiding getting caught in that situation.
Question: How much can I earn?
Answer: Simply put, it depends entirely on how much time you devote to doing offers and getting referrals. You can check out The Math Of GPT Sites to see some hypothetical numbers and situations that give realistic views of how much you could earn.
Question: How old do I have to be to participate?
Answer: Every GPT I've been a part of doesn't allow people younger than 13 years old to participate (I believe 13 is the youngest legal age of working in the US). Many of the paid offers require you be 18+, but there are a decent number of offers for people under 18.
0 comments:
Post a Comment